The Marriage Preparation Program at Queen of Peace Church is designed to foster a fruitful and loving marriage rooted in the Catholic tradition. Initially the couple has an introductory meeting with our Pastor, Fr. Anthony Di Stefano. Thereafter, the program begins with an initial meeting with one of our priests who will both journey with you in the program and also serve as the celebrant in your wedding. This is then followed by the Pre-Marriage Inventory assessing the couple’s compatibility, and then, as a couple you will follow with one to two additional follow-up sessions with the priest.
- Be registered and active in the parish.
- Call the rectory at 201-997-0700 to make arrangements or use our online form below to inquire about planning a Wedding.
- Initially meet with our Pastor, Fr. Anthony, to discuss the process and confirm the proposed date and time.
- The time for a wedding on a Friday or other weekday must be arranged with the pastor based on particular circumstances and on other ministries and activities scheduled in the church. Please keep in mind that on Saturdays we must accommodate funeral and baptisms throughout the day, as well as confessions that take place at 1pm and Mass at 5pm. On Sunday, we have Masses throughout the morning and baptisms can also take place in the afternoon. Potential wedding times may be scheduled as follows:
- Friday/Weekdays: From 2:00pm until 4:00pm
- Saturday: From 1:00pm until 3:00pm
- Sunday: From 2:00pm until 4:00pm
- Following the introductory meeting, you will receive an email from the pastor confirming the wedding date and time details.
One of our priests will then contact you to arrange your first Pre-Cana marriage preparation meeting. The marriage preparation process includes several meetings with the priest. At these meetings your relationship with each other and with God will be discussed, as well as planning out your wedding ceremony.
- Schedule your rehearsal: Rehearsals are scheduled with the priest who will celebrate your wedding at a time that is mutually agreeable and also confirmed by the pastor that the church is available.
- Attend Pre-Cana and submit certificate, and attend God’s Plan for a Joy Filled Marriage, and submit certificate.
- Submit Baptismal certificates: If you were baptized at Queen of Peace your baptism certificate will be easily attainable here. Persons not baptized in Queen of Peace Church must contact the church of their baptism to receive a copy of their baptismal certificate. This must be a new and updated copy dated within 6 months of the wedding.
- Final ceremony meeting with Priest.
- Meet with Music Director, Natasha Gonzalez, to discuss the music for the Wedding.
- Rehearsal: You are asked to have your wedding party in the church at the scheduled time. Please bring the Marriage license and all fees with you to the rehearsal and give them to the Priest.
- Wedding Day
In the weeks and months ahead as you plan for the reception of the Sacrament of Matrimony we suggest that you spend some time each day in prayer, reading of the Bible, spiritual reading and in works of mercy. Often prayers in the days ahead, both alone and together, will deepen your personal relationship and your relationship with God.